April 14th, 2023: Knowing Oneself in God




I met someone recently who is amazingly gifted and yet has been struggling to see himself in a healthy way. His struggle in having a proper self-understanding has led to many damaged relationships in his life. He constantly sees himself as being judged and unappreciated by those who love him. He has a very lonely existence.


Sometimes I wonder what kind of conversation he has with himself. I have been praying that he sees that God is with him in his time alone. He says that he loves God and yet I don't see it in the way he treats himself and others. He is seriously critical of himself and judgmental towards others. Sometimes we can give the evil one too much attention by listening to his lies of destruction.


I know that God wants me to be with this young fellow because I know that his heart can be tender towards those who suffer and need his help. I have seen these moments in my interactions with him and that gives me great hope about God's plan for his life. The journey ahead is one of hope and prayer.


"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers, but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers." - Psalm 1: 1-3


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29: 11

 

Popular Posts