May 22nd, 2024: Being Home


I had a conversation with a street hot dog vendor in downtown Toronto many years ago. We eventually talked about what he really wanted. His answer was very straightforward: "I’d like to go home." He was from somewhere in the Caribbean, and life had not been easy for him in Canada.


Recently, I have been wondering what it means to go home and to be home. As a Christian, life on earth is temporal. Nothing will last, and all of our successes and accomplishments might not be remembered a few years from now. What we own is futile because they don't mean much where we are going.


So what does it mean to go home? To have a clean heart and a content spirit is critical in that preparation. Don’t be burdened by the things of this world because they will stop us from being free to enjoy God's promises and presence.


Our grandson is so excited with his smile and arms whenever he sees us, and that melts our hearts. Just imagine how excited God is in welcoming us back into His presence. That is when we are finally home.

Isaiah 41:10
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” 

Popular Posts