May 6th, 2024: Lessons from Resting

Sometimes resting helps us understand our unspoken thoughts. It is not always pleasant because some of them are outright ungodly. So being at rest helps us come to terms with our ungodliness. Most of mine are not with people specifically. They tend to be ideas or desires to regain control over my life.

Jesus had to find ways to be with the Father so that He could finish the mission mandate He was given. He might have had to deal with many thoughts of His own, knowing very well the suffering awaiting Him. God's presence is both gentle and firm as we seek His purpose for our lives. His correction always comes with grace and forgiveness.

For the last few weeks, I have been cutting down on my engagements because of health-related challenges. I discovered what it means to rest in God just a little bit more than I used to. Maybe God is preparing me for what is ahead. I am trusting in that expectation.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30

Popular Posts