May 1st, 2024: Lessons Learned From Pets

Sometimes, people ask me, "Am I a dog person or a cat person?" Frankly, I don't really have the answer. I don't have any pets because I am allergic to them. But the truth is, my life is so full that I don't have the time to add another routine to my daily schedule in order to take care of a pet.

I admire people who can deal with pets effectively. Some people have a gift in communicating with these creatures. Somehow, pets feel safe and welcome in their presence, as if they belong to each other.

I have met people who feel safer with dogs and cats than with human beings. Sometimes, therapists use animals to help their patients rebuild trust and confidence. Relationships are supposed to be the greatest gifts God has given us because He is relational. Yet, relationships have been used to hurt, control, manipulate, damage, and destroy people.

Maybe I get a pet when I am retired.

"And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?"" - Genesis 3:1-6

Popular Posts