April 27th, 2024: Excitement and Apprehension

I sat next to a young man on my flight to Winnipeg who was headed to the U of M quarterback mini camp. Drafted straight out of high school and signed, he was filled with a mix of anxiety and excitement.

We discussed his aspirations for his rookie season, with a clear desire to get playing time. I advised him to focus on learning and not to rush into the game before he's fully prepared. I emphasized the importance of building relationships with his teammates and enjoying the overall college experience beyond football. He also sought advice on education options.

My aim was to offer encouragement, as he appeared respectful and humble. It felt like divine providence that we were seated together. As our conversation concluded, he asked for my prayers. I'm eager to see what lies ahead in God's plan for him.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Popular Posts