March 19th, 2024: Quiet Sunday Reflection

Sometimes I find the quietness of Sunday morning helpful. I need the solitude to recollect my thoughts and search for God's wisdom in the midst of it all. Somehow, our hearts are more settled in the stillness of our souls. Waiting for God in expectation is an important exercise in our spiritual development.

Some might ask, "How do I know when God speaks?" Before anyone can speak to us, we must remain quiet and listen. God won't contradict Himself, so it's helpful to reflect on what we hear in light of our understanding of the Bible. There will be images, melodies, and messages as we learn to remain in God's presence.

Many times when I go over various conversations with people during the week in my solitude, God reveals deeper understanding and truth about the real issues people are dealing with. Learning to recognize what we miss in our interactions with people helps us develop our discernment. Discernment won't happen if we are too preoccupied with ourselves.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

Popular Posts