Feb 4th, 2024: A Hard Beginning


I'm unsure how to feel. My heart is troubled after learning about a child born prematurely. Her mother is an addict and hasn't been to the hospital much to see the baby. The grandmother has tried to do so after work and in the evening. I have a grandson, and seeing his happiness and innocence due to the love he receives makes me deeply empathize with this little girl.

How do we feel when the first lesson we learn in life is neglect and being unwelcome? How do we feel while fighting for survival alone? How do we feel when we cry for help and no one is there? Sometimes, we underestimate what an infant can sense and be aware of.

I told the young grandmother that when visitors are allowed, let me know. I would love to come and visit her granddaughter and hold her. I am around babies enough to appreciate the comfort they bring. Perhaps a loving presence will assure her of God's love. Sometimes, nothing is more important than just being there.

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." - Matthew 18:10

Popular Posts