Feb 27th, 2024: A Picture Can Trigger Many Thoughts

This picture was shared on Facebook by someone I know from a challenging work situation. Despite his struggles with performance and personal issues, we had regular conversations about faith and life. I connected him with men from a local church close to his home, and he found solace in their company, eventually getting baptized after losing his job.

Seeing this picture was poignant, especially as I have been praying for him. He hasn't reached out since January, but I know he's started a physically demanding job. Perhaps this photo is his way of updating friends like me on his spiritual journey.

The themes in the picture resonate with many of us. Lately, I've been reflecting on addiction, spurred by friends admitting themselves to treatment. Addiction to self is a topic often avoided. It involves self-absorption, distorted self-identity, and prioritizing personal gain over truth and meaningful connections. We become ensnared in our desires, resorting to lies, manipulation, and exploitation, often at the expense of others.

Who knows a picture can trigger many thoughts.

Psalm 147:3
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Popular Posts