Jan 9th, 2024: A Moment of Reflection


This weekend, I succumbed to the flu, prompting me to slow down and contemplate the possibilities of the New Year. Over recent years, I've served numerous businesses as their corporate chaplain, a role that's taught me a great deal, and I hope to continue serving their people effectively.

What have I gleaned from this experience?

Sin isn't merely a myth or perception; it inflicts real damage on people's lives. Those who refuse to acknowledge the reality of sin forego the chance for restoration.

Sin manifests in various forms and isn't easily disguised. Individuals may speak of God but live without experiencing His power.

Sin isn't contingent on circumstances; there's an inherent absoluteness in both committing sin and suffering its consequences.

Conversations about sin aren't considered politically correct (PC), yet discussions about racial inequalities are. To devalue others is to commit a sin against God.

"I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word. I gave an account of my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees. Cause me to understand the way of your precepts, that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds. My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me and teach me your law." - Psalm 119: 25-29

Popular Posts