Jan 28th, 2024: One Step Closer...


Having uncomfortable conversations has been part of my work for many years. As much as we don't want to be confronted, these conversations prevent us from furthering our destructive behavior.

I received a note from a former employee of a client whom I had to assist in letting him go due to misconduct. The individual returned to his home province afterward. I decided to keep in touch with him if he was open to it. It took him a while to reply to my text, but he did. He apologized for the late reply and told me he had spent a lot of time thinking about our last conversation together. It was a candid and caring exchange.

I offered some ideas about whom he should be in touch with locally and encouraged him to take the initiative to do so. I will provide him with help but will not hold his hand. The reason for this is to encourage him to acknowledge what God has given him in terms of courage and self-respect. He will go further with them.

Now, I pray and will listen to whatever else he is open to talking about whenever he is ready. It will be a long journey, but it is one that restores him.

"The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." - 2 Peter 3:9

Popular Posts