Jan 18th, 2024: A Picture That Takes Me Back


This photo captured a moment at Toronto Pearson Airport, just days before the widespread shutdown in March 2020. It marked a surreal connection point for my flight to Montreal, taken amid the urgency of rushing home, fearing my father's imminent passing.

The bustling airport, now eerily empty, mirrored the subsequent years for the entire country. Life drained from familiar places; families isolated, schools and businesses shuttered. Humanity seemed absent as people adapted to remote work, and once vibrant spaces stood desolate.

Reflecting on this, I ponder what my father experienced during his last months, mostly alone. Being the last to bid him farewell before visitation restrictions, I hope he envisioned us on those moving escalators, waving and sending kisses as he departed.

In moments of quiet reflection, scrolling through these photos becomes a poignant journey, encapsulating the essence of that day and the subsequent memories that follow.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - Psalm 73:26

Popular Posts