Jan 14th 2024: God's Timing


It was a horrid weekend to travel weather-wise. Across the continent, we were hit with the deep freeze and snowy weather. I had to be in Manitoba for work, and both of my flights were delayed. One was eventually canceled, and the airline offered a flight the next day.

We heard every single reason why we could not take off on the departing flight: weather, de-icing equipment problems, waiting for a crew member to show up, ground crew shortage... we sat on the plane for four hours.

It was not all negative. The lady who was on the left on the way out talked to me about why she needed to be in Winnipeg. Her mother died a few months ago, and her father is in a nursing home. Her relationship with her dad was not cordial for many years. She wanted to go to see him because she had a revelation about seeking restoration for that relationship. She asked me whether I believe God still reveals His plan to us. I told her my conversation with her was one of those moments in life.

The flight back was canceled at midnight after we waited at the airport for four hours. A young Indian couple from Winnipeg asked me about Calgary because they are thinking about moving here. They left home because they wanted to start a new life in Canada. It has not been an easy five years for them. She wants to open a baking business, and he wants to be an automotive mechanic. We talked about families and challenges they face being in Canada besides the weather. They asked for my number, and I was glad to give it.

Why am I sharing with you these encounters? Sometimes God's plan happens at the least convenient and comfortable time. Sometimes His plan appears to happen when we expect something else. God's plan for us will teach us something new about ourselves and others. God's plans are likely unexpected at times. An obedient heart is one that will take us to a place where we experience unpredictable joy.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." - Ecclesiastes 3:11

Popular Posts