Dec 4th, 2023: I Want to Go Home


The hotdog stand operator consistently asked his clients what they wanted in their hotdogs. He worked tirelessly due to the long line of customers, which was beneficial for him. I wasn't quite sure what was special about his hot dogs, but out of curiosity, I joined the others. However, when it was my turn, after I placed my hot dog order, I decided to ask him:


"How about you? What do you want in life?"


He was surprised yet somehow engaged by my question. He paused for a moment, then told me:


"I want to go home...yes...home."


I learned that he had been in Canada for 20 years, having migrated from a Caribbean country. Life had been hard and challenging for him in the bustling metropolis of Toronto. Going home and reconnecting with his roots had now become the focus of his life.


I have encountered many people who become so disheartened by life that they start talking about "going home" in a negative manner. In some ways, Christmas is the time for us to remember how to create our home with God.


"Behold God! See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power, and He rules with a mighty arm. See, His reward is with Him, and His recompense accompanies Him. He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to his heart; He gently leads those that have young." - Isaiah 40:9-11



Popular Posts