Nov 26th, 2024: A Brief Conversation About Heaven


On November 23, 2023, while waiting for our boarding at the airport, I encountered two anxious teenagers from Halifax hoping to catch the same flight as me for a ski trip with friends. Concerned about potential standby status, one of them worried about staying overnight at the airport for a morning flight. While the male companion appeared indifferent, I engaged them in conversation about their plans for Banff and Lake Louise, distracting them from their worries.


Reflecting on uncertainties, we discussed what it might be like if we found ourselves on standby at the gate of heaven, prompting contemplation about life after death. Amidst the uncertainty, one of them remarked, "That sucks." I shared with them the analogy that just as they could only reach Banff if there were available seats, we can only reach heaven by accepting the offer extended to us. "The offer is there, just make sure you RSVP," I explained.


Fortunately, they secured their seats and were delighted. One of them expressed a hope to meet again in heaven, to which I responded, "So do I."


"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:2-3

Popular Posts