Nov 24th, 2023: Work is a Privilege

I was recently asked whether I am getting tired of the work I do because of its nature. Some people even suggest retirement. I view work quite differently, and let me share my definition so you might have a better understanding of where I am coming from:

"Work is my participation with God in an ongoing act of creation."

God recreates people in the act of healing. It brings hope in the midst of despair, grants us a new understanding of who we are, and releases us from being imprisoned by our engagement with darkness.

God opens our eyes by helping us see the truth. Nothing can be more troublesome than discovering that there is no truth within us. There is a tremendous sense of freedom when truth is restored.

God challenges us by pushing us beyond our comfort zone. When we abide in Him, our paradigm about life will change. We no longer see ourselves as victims of an unrighteous world. Instead, we will live our lives as agents of hope in the world.

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans." - Proverbs 16:3


Popular Posts