Sept 7th, 2023: Longing for Jesus' Presence

 

When I live in doubt and dark despair, 
The longing for Jesus is ever near,
His presence and touch like a radiant sun,
Guides me in my faith journey as it first begun.

In the dark shadow I seek His light,
To take me through the darkness of the night,
With every move, His gracious presence I find,
A steadfast reminder in my mind.

When storms of life suffering around me rage,
I long for Jesus to engage,
His calming voice, a peaceful sound,
In His embrace, I'm safely found.

There are moments when my faith feels frail,
I look for  Him, without fail,
His love, a gift to heal my soul,
In His presence, I am whole.

Though uncertainty may cloud my way,
I trust in Jesus, whatever come and may,
In His presence, I experience peace,
All my fears and worries cease.

An anguish heart, in Him, confide,
Jesus walks by my side,
In times of uncertainty, take His hand,
And we will find firm, solid ground to stand.

Psalm 63:1-3
"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You ; my flesh faints for Your presence. In a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory."

Popular Posts