Sept 21st, 2023: God Seems Silent

 


In the stillness of night, I seek Your grace,
In anguish prayers, I seek Your face,
Yet the silence makes me wonder,
Cannot hear Your voice, my thoughts wander.

In silence, Your presence, it may seem unreal,
Only in faith, Your love is revealed,
For in my quiet heart, Your mysteries unfold,
In Your silence, my faith takes hold.

Though doubts may creep and uncertainty rise,
In Your silence, I discover many surprises,
For in the depths of Your enduring silence,
I gain strength in my soul's ambivalence.

In the painful silence, I need to let go,
Learn to trust You, as my struggling heart grows,
Even when Your voice is still,
Your love surrounds me, and I rest in Your will.

In the stillness of night, I seek Your face,
In surrendering prayers, I rest in my place,
In the silence of the night, I'll hear Your call,
In my bewilderment, I surrender all.

"To you I call, O LORD my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit.
Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place." - Psalm 28:1-2

Popular Posts