Sept 17th, 2023: Communication with God



Taking care of my grandson recently helps me understand the nature of our communication with God. He is very happy when I sing (or hum) a Vietnamese tune to him, and his eyes light up as if he wants more.


He then begins to try his best, moving his lips around with the attempt to make some noises. He succeeds once in a while. The pleasure was mine because I feel as if it is a special moment that he and I connect.


There is nothing more pleasing to God than when we interact with His desire to connect with us. He is even more excited when we try to engage with Him, even though we feel as if we make absolutely no sense at times. In that moment, our whole being feels the sense of God's presence, and we feel free. The freedom from the burdens of this life can be such a stress relief for many of us.


My grandson can't speak yet. However, I can feel a tremendous bond by how he looks at me when I sing to him. It is a simple experience that reveals to me an amazing truth about what it means to have a relationship with the Living God. How would we respond when God sings one of His tunes to us today?

Popular Posts