Aug 7th, 2023: Nagging Struggles


A nagging cough can be annoying, making it difficult to talk and make much sense. Allergies have been one of the main reasons for this issue, and shaking it off is not always easy. Allergy medication can cause some other undesirable side effects, and at times, it hampers our ability to get a good night's sleep.


Nagging struggles with different addictions have destroyed many lives. The more nagging the symptoms are, the deeper we have to discover their roots. As a society, we have moved away from effectively dealing with people's addictions, and now we simply accommodate them.

Recently, I have learned that I need to stay away from some food I enjoy due to my allergies. It's not easy, as it has been a part of my diet. Similarly, it's challenging to walk away from sinful behavior rooted in human history. Various forms of addictions have been known for a long time, and our real struggle lies in our addiction to entertaining the self and believing that no one should tell us what to do.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
 and renew a right spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10

Popular Posts