Aug 26th, 2023: Think About God While Waiting for My Flight


Airports are a significant reflection of our lives. We always welcome new people and bid farewell to others. It is a place where we display ecstatic excitement and deep sadness as well. Sometimes we go to airports for work, while at other times, we simply want to get away.


My flight is going to be 90 minutes late this time. There is no need to get excited. Just blame it on Covid, and we should feel better. We are disappointed when God does not seem to show up "on time" in answering our prayers. We either get upset or become indifferent. We might end up finding some justification to blame God for not being there for us.

I look toward the gate and hope to see any sign of a plane approaching. Nothing is there. I wonder if we would recognize God's involvement in our lives. If we don't, we might miss the chance to take off with Him. Sometimes we hope for an answer that has no part in God's plan for our lives.

So, is God late, or do we simply not see Him and understand His revelation?

"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord;
I will wait for the God of my salvation.
My God will hear me." - Micah 7:7

Popular Posts