Aug 20th, 2023: A Grand Father's Moment



He cries for comfort, gentle and warm,

Won't halt until cradled, safe from all harm.


He gazes at me, like an old, cherished rhyme,

My heart whispers softly, eternally thine.


He'll fuss when hunger persists, never at peace,

Sucks his bottle, determined, purpose won't cease.


Witnessing his battle with milk's sweet embrace,

My heart swells with joy, his spirit takes chase.


A small noise holds a world in its touch,

His fingers in mine, priceless moments, as such.


He gazes, devoted, his world in my face,

Perhaps we should mirror, in God's loving grace.


Trust and dependence, his lifelines so true,

Likewise in our bond with the Divine, too.


“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’ ” - Matthew 19:14

Popular Posts