Aug 17th, 2023: Spiritual Drowning

 

In waters deep, I fight for my soul,
Protecting my heart, a sacred goal.
Yet strong currents continue to rise,
And doubts and fears obscure the beautiful sky.

Spiritually drowning, I feel the deadly weight,
The struggles are fierce, with many baits.
But in the midst of swirling sea,
Jesus's whispering voice comes, "Have faith in me."

With outstretched hand, His amazing grace,
Guided me through this endless wandering space.
My hope renewed, I am lifted above the tide,
In His hands, I now reside.

The waters still, the storm disappears,
In His everlasting love, peace replaces fears.
Though trials come and troubles swell,
In Christ, within my soul, all is well.

"Rescue me from the mire,
    do not let me sink;
deliver me from those who hate me,
    from the deep waters.
15 Do not let the floodwaters engulf me
    or the depths swallow me up
    or the pit close its mouth over me."

Psalm 69: 14-15

Popular Posts