Aug 15th, 2023: A Child's Prayer


As an infant, I hardly knew your face,

Yet many stories tell me examples of your grace.

A father of love and his guiding light,

Though brief, your impact remains so bright.


In my dreams I hear your whispered voice,

Your lullaby that makes my heart rejoice.

Your early death stole years we'll never share,

Your love lives on in God's gracious air.


Your memories passed down from the past,

Your legacy forever lasts.

Though we may never get to hold hands,

I feel your love, like shifting sand.


In photographs and stories people tell,

Your spirit lives on very well.

Our bond, unbreakable yet,

In my heart, you're never to forget.


Revelation 21:4

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Popular Posts