Aug 12th, 2023: God Speaks and We Listen.


I stay at the same hotel in a small city in Alberta when I travel there for work. It is not fancy but clean. I go down for breakfast early in the morning because I need to go to work. I come across the same elderly woman almost every time.


This past Wednesday, I heard a voice in my head telling me to sit down and have breakfast with her. So I did. It is a contemporary Samaritan woman account. She was surprised and asked me why.

"Why not?" I asked.
"You are a respectable businessman, I am a woman with a bad history," she said.
"Would you be free to tell me more?" I pursued.

She ended up telling me about the three men who lived with her and left her. She had two children, but both were taken away because of her addictions. The owner of the hotel has compassion for her and gave her a room for 33% of her social assistance.

She ended up asking me about my business. I told her that my business is telling people that nothing they do will stop God from loving them if they seek Him. She told me she heard about Jesus while being in treatment. I gave her my Bible and asked her to read the Samaritan account.

She told me sometimes she misses the two kids she lost. I encouraged her to think about how much God has been missing her. She thanked me for reaching out to her. She came down for breakfast early because she wanted to be alone.

God speaks and we listen.

“The LORD is close to the broken hearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. ”- Psalm 34 :18

Popular Posts