July 20th, 2023: Images

Images hold significant meaning for some individuals, as they project their identities and values onto the world. Recently, I encountered a situation where a car rental company upgraded my reservation to a sports convertible hot rod because they had no cars left from my original selection. However, I felt out of place driving it, and the young people I encountered at work seemed astonished by my choice. It's possible that they perceived it as a midlife crisis.

Such incidents show how images can influence how others perceive us. The young men at work were probably taken aback because they expected someone like me to drive a mid-sized Japanese sedan, which didn't align with the sports car I was driving. People tend to make assumptions about who we are based on external appearances, and these assumptions often extend to various aspects of our lives.

Interestingly, Christians believe that God created both male and female in His image. Sadly, we often fail to treat each other with care and respect because we fail to fully embrace this truth. We might question its validity or feel it's inadequate, using it as an excuse to mistreat one another and act against God's principles.

"God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." - Genesis 1: 27

Popular Posts