June 3rd, 2023: Drowning in Sin




I am drowning in self-pity.

My mind knows that I am crazy.


The world seems to be so small at such a time.

I can only worry about what should be mine.


The flow of envy chokes my heartbeats.

I try to listen, but there is bubbling noise.


My eyes open, yet it is blurry.

My arms and legs are wimpy.


Is anyone there?

I am choking here.


Many of us know this experience spiritually or emotionally.

Life can press us down to the bottom completely.


We feel paralyzed.

Nothing we do will help us to energize.


Darkness invades the fearful aspects of our souls.

We cannot hear and have no idea who to call.


We are left with emptiness.

Our reality is a complete mess.


Jesus will come and lift us out of our shallowness.

His light erases the unwelcome darkness.


Take a deep breath of God's Spirit.

Life overtakes the devil's pit.


"I am drowning in the flood of my sins; they are a burden too heavy to bear." - Psalm 38: 4

 

Popular Posts