June 2nd, 2023: Being Trapped


The phone does not have to ring for me to be distracted.

I was so afraid of being disconnected.


I ignore those who are in my presence.

Being trapped by the phone, I show my indifference.


What can be so important?

Images from Instagram, Tiktok, and many others are redundant.


How can I understand relationships?

I can't even take a few minutes to utter meaningful words from my lips.


How do I perceive intimacy?

I cannot keep up with what I see, and I am in a stage of lunacy.


Jealousy, loneliness, and alienation are how I feel.

I stare at the phone screen; I have no clear understanding of being revealed.


I am electronically overly notified.

Yet, my spirit gradually dies.


It is also the death of our emotional being.

Intimacy is not something worth knowing.


"being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart." - Ephesians 4: 18


 

Popular Posts