June 22nd: Being Rooted Part 2

 


Some more thoughts on being rooted.

3. Ephesians 3:16-17:

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love."

Being rooted gives strength and power. The more we wakk with God in spirit, the more we become aware of His presence inside us. 

4. John 15:4-5:

"Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Jesus uses the images of a vine and branches to illustrate the importance of staying connected to Him. Just as branches derive their sustenance and bear fruit by remaining attached to the vine, we are called to remain rooted in their relationship with Christ to bear spiritual fruit and experience true fulfillment.

Popular Posts