April 29th, 2023: Some Thoughts About AI

 

The development of AI will continue to grow. The discussion about its ethical implication will be at the forefront of its developers and many others. "What can we do when the machine becomes far more powerful than its creator?" is the question.


Job displacement is one of many challenges to the world when AI can replace many positions we have today. However, that will be the least of our concerns. Here is what Stephen Hawking has to say about AI:


"The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race….It would take off on its own, and re-design itself at an ever-increasing rate. Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete, and would be superseded."


What happens to spiritual discernment and emotional development as AI supersedes our human intelligent capabilities?


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." - Psalm 139: 13-16

Popular Posts