March 18th, 2023: My God Bless Their Souls



Two more young police officers died in Edmonton on duty this past week. I heard the news on the phone with a friend on my way home from work. She was upset because she had met one of them.


We live in a time when being a police officer is neither glamorous nor greatly appreciated. Some police officers have told me about the stress they put on their uniforms and go to work every day. It is not pleasant to know that some people intend to make you a target.


When I read about these two officers, courage and commitment were their trademarks. They believed in their job to serve and protect their community. It is heartbroken to learn that one of them expected to be a father for the first time.


As much as I am annoyed by getting traffic tickets at times, I am grateful for police officers who are risking their lives every day for the safety of many others. Our thoughts and prayers are with Const. Travis Jordan and Const. Brett Ryan's families and loved ones on this day.


May God Bless Their Souls.


"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." - Psalm 34: 17-18

 

Popular Posts