Feb 28th, 2023: One More Drink?



Can I just have the last drink?

I won't have anything tomorrow. I think.


Just one more glass I need for this night.

After that, I will keep everything out of my sight.


It would not hurt to have just another glass.

I will be OK and won't act like a dumb "__."


I will be fine. I promise.

If you don't give me one, that makes me pissed.


Why should you care how much I have to drink?

Do you think my life will be on the brink?


You might want to stay with me for this last one.

I will be good and do what you want.


It might not be just another drink.

It is the beginning of our pathway to misery as we sink.


There is no 29th, 30th, or 31st in February.

Say no to ourselves today, so we begin to build our sanctuary.


"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10: 13

 

Popular Posts