Feb 26th, 2023: Be on Guard

 


Who is there?

I don't recognize your hair.


Why are you walking toward my space?

Your movements grant me no solace.


Why do you look uncertain?

You are not welcome in my domain.


You act as if you have the right.

I know your type, and I have no fright.


Your eyes are full of deception.

It is the reflection of your wicked rendition.


Your tongue tosses out words of destruction.

It leaves behind trails of condemnation.


You are afraid of the light that invades the darkness.

Darkness and you manifest in oneness.


I will stay alert and guard my refuge of life.

God will be on my side.


Prayers and discernment are my power of choice.

I will shut you out of my sanctuary, and you have no voice.


"Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you. Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evuil." - Proverbs 4: 24-27


Picture: Courtesy of Pam Madalone

Popular Posts