Feb 21st, 2023: My Soul Longs for You

 



Many years ago, I waited in line to buy a hot dog in Toronto.

The young vendor was very efficient in conducting his business solo.


He asked every single patron what they would like.

Nothing was different when it came to mine.


I did not stop there.

I asked him whether he would like to share.


Where would he like to be?

Who would he like to see?


Home and family, he said.

His home was some land far away.


We live in this world with the hope of making a difference.

We might do that. Yet, there is so much interference.


We find ourselves being compromised.

Between what is good and what is evil transpired.


We wonder about what heaven is really like.

We feel all human suffering combined.


The young fellow was taken aback by my questions.

We are baffled by a life transition.


We long to see God more clearly.

The young vendor hung on to the thought of seeing his family.


It brings comfort and assurance.

He stayed quiet for a short moment after his emotional utterance.


"At night my soul longs for You,

Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently;

For when the earth experiences Your judgments

The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness."


Isaiah 26:9

Popular Posts