Jan 27th, 2023: How Are We With God?

 


The question has remained over centuries.

Do we exercise our choice to be with God, or God acts according to His decree?


The Bible tells us both are true.

Henceforth, we struggle to find how they are theologically glued.


I am reminded of my parents' marriage.

It opens my eyes to dealing with spiritual lineage.


It was arranged by his parents.

It moved from arrangement to commitment.


His love for my mother is one of choice.

In the beginning, he did not have a voice.


He learned how to balance his love for our mother.

He lived honorably between accepting his parents' choice and his own to go further.


I am thankful for the fact that God has chosen me.

I am also aware of my need to exercise my choice to embrace Him daily.


We fail to see the greatness of God when we choose one over the other.

In a meaningful marriage, both spouses know they choose one another.


Ephesians 1-3


"I never have to reconcile friends. Divine sovereignty and human responsibility have never had a falling out with each other. I do not need to reconcile what God has joined together." - Charles Spurgeon

Popular Posts