Jan 20th, 2023: Thought About Lunar New Year

 



I got online and listened some music Vietnamese New Year.

Very soon, the Year of the Cat will be here.


We don't celebrate it much where we are.

I might go to get some bánh chưng at a Tết fare.


Chinatown will be busy this coming weekend.

People will gather for a meal with their friends.


I try to recall the memories Tết of my younger years.

I remember the music and the smell of firecrackers.


Food is something I will not forget.

It was always a big deal to prepare various dishes for Tết.


In some ways, we will never forget where we were from.

With some conversations, memories will come.


Sometimes I wish we miss being with God with the same intensity.

We don't seem to remember our originality.


We are more disconnected from our spiritual roots than our cultural heritage.

It is time to understand the severity of our bondage.


We will get a chance to celebrate our spiritual new year.

We don't hear any firecrackers, just the explosion of joy without fear.


Psalm 65:11


"You crown the year with your goodness; your paths overflow with rich food."


Deuteronomy 31:8


"But the Lord is the one who is marching before you! He is the one who will be with you! He won’t let you down. He won’t abandon you. So don’t be afraid or scared!"

Popular Posts