Jan 18th, 2023: One More Holy Moment

 


After two hour delay, people were relieved when we finally boarded. The young lady who was next to me was timid and reserved. She had problems with the bag, so I gave her a hand.


I introduced myself and learned that she came from a religious community not too far from where I was working. She became a teacher in that community after finishing her high-school. She told me she had not flown often and was nervous about flying.


"I guess you have two options, either talking to me and being distracted from flying or being nervous about ii," I told her.


She asked a series of questions about me and then told me quietly she would love to have a chance to go to college. I shared with her that God had granted gifts, and He wants us to grow and nurture them so we can serve others. The question is whether we are good stewards in managing God-given talents. She loves teaching little kids, but sometimes she wonders about being a nurse or a doctor.


'As long as we seek God first, I believe He will honor the longings of our heart", I told her as the pilot told us to buckle up because of turbulence. "God is our safety, and perseverance in loving Him is our response," I continued.


She told me that the flight was shorter than she remembered. I thanked her for sharing her dreams.


James 1:17


“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”

Popular Posts