Dec 22nd, 2022: Some Special Memories


Many years ago, I had a conversation with some international students from Kenya about what they were hoping for their people. It was at Christmas camp outside Kingston, Ontario. We gathered by a fireplace, had some hot drinks, and listened to one another's stories. These students mentioned better health and education as they entertained the question.


Sometimes I miss these times. Christmas was so rich and meaningful because it was the time we reminded ourselves of God's faithfulness and graciousness. We can talk about our differences and yet be aware of God's presence. We didn't have to worry about political correctness.


I walked through a mall recently and felt a strong sense of alienation. Much has been lost and destroyed in our nations. We have neither fear of God nor the love of God. Once again, I find myself at the place of not knowing what will come next. I guess I can identify with Mary and Joseph after the birth of Jesus. I have learned to trust God moment by moment. God is with us and reminding us one more time to stay true to the meaning of Christmas.


Isaiah 41:10

 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

 

Popular Posts