Dec 17th, 2022: Overcome Our Spiritual Adolescence

 

I went to see my doctor the past week. He is a Muslim. He knows the nature of my job, and we always have a respectful understanding of one another. He usually starts the appointment by asking me: "How goes to the battle?". My answer this time was: "Win some and lose some. The reality would be a lot more challenging without my faith."


We eventually went on to talk about the many questions he faces as a father of two teenage children. He feels they don't communicate with him much, so he has no idea what they are thinking or going through. I encourage him not to take things personally and be sure he is available when they are ready.


Christmas reminds us of that very truth. God tells us that he is available and ready to have a relationship with us. We should learn how to overcome our spiritual adolescence to hear Him.


1 Peter 5: 7

"Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you."

Popular Posts