Dec 15th, 2022: Where Are You?


Someone asked me recently about what would be my worst fear. My answer was losing my memories and not remembering people I love. I have thought about that answer since and solemnly realized how much of God's love I have forgotten.


We ask questions about where God is when our lives go sideways. We seem to overlook His presence and power when we are overwhelmed.


A Jewish rabbi was crying out to God and asking Him to reveal Himself as he walked through the courtyard of a concentration camp where many men were killed the night before. Their bodies were hung around the yard. He was surprised when God told him that He was with these men.


It is another aspect of Christmas for us to consider.


Jeremiah 2: 6

"They did not say, 'Where is the Lord

Who brought us up out of the land of Egypt,

Who led us through the wilderness,

Through a land of deserts and of pits,

Through a land of drought and of deep darkness,

Through a land that no one crossed

And where no man dwelt?'"

 

Popular Posts