Nov 30th, 2022: Thoughts on Prayers


Some of us need a coffee before starting the day.

Without one, our minds are foggy, and things cannot get underway.


We need a moment of quietness and solitude.

The day might have its complicated magnitude.


We don't pray so God can take away our challenges.

We want to discover what it means to walk with him through them in balance.


We pray for those who suffer.

With the hope, we can be their comforters.


We pray for those who mourn.

For them, new hope will be born.


We pray for those who are hungry and thirsty.

God will provide for their needs, and they will regain certainty.


We pray for those who suffer from rejection.

They might know God's divine protection.


We pray for ourselves in times of trouble.

We rely on God's help to find answers to our life puzzles.


So we need more than just a cup of coffee.

Our hearts will open, and our minds might see.


We long for the endowment of God's Spirit.

We won't live our lives according to our own limits.


Psalm 4: 1

"Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress. Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!


Psalm 69: 13

"But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness."

 

Popular Posts