Nov 27th, 2022: Thoughts in Desolation

 

The winter arrived last night.

The streets are slushy, and it is not a good sight.


I have been standing at this corner since mid-morning.

No one seems to be aware of my very being.


I am hungry, thirsty, and cold.

I didn't sleep well and had no one to hold.


I feel alienated in my own surrounding.

People walk by and pretend not to hear me begging.


Just a hot drink so I can live through these hours.

Some might look at me, and their moods get sour.


Life is now a series of destabilizing moments.

No place to sleep, eat, wash and clean my

garments.


My mind is scared, and my heart is angry.

I don't want to fight. I am too weary.


It seems to be so foggy as days become nights.

I have no idea how time has passed by.


Some told me today they pray for me.

I have no idea what that means because I feel like a societal debris.


Would God spend this night with me?

Somehow I sense that He is there even though I cannot see.


Isaiah 10: 3

"What will you do on the day of visitation, and in the desolation which will come from afar? To whom will you flee for help? Where will you leave your wealth?"

Popular Posts