Nov 23rd, 2022: Dealing with Desperation


How do we know we are desperate?

We try all means to compensate.


We feel as if we carry the weight of everything alone.

We don't know to pray as we ponder on our own.


We want to be able to see beyond the veil of desperation.

Every moment seems to be heavy with burdensome.


We live our lives like spiritual orphans.

We cannot see God anywhere in our life plan.


We have no answer for human calamity.

Yet we live assuming that we own our destiny.


Our hearts need to long for God's presence.

We gain a new understanding of dealing with troubling burdens.


We carry on with life depending on God's faithfulness.

We humbly kneel in the presence of His awesomeness.


Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken…Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."

 

Popular Posts