Oct 31st, 2022: Time to Leave This World

 

It was quiet in the corridor of this hospital.

I was late for my visit to the mother of a pal.


She was on her bed and breathing laboriously.

Her daughter sat by the bed and cried softly.


We prayed, and we talked briefly about her condition.

It was the time for the gate of heaven to open and welcome her addition.


Her physical body had been decimated beyond recognition.

I prayed and asked God for her complete restoration.


I heard nothing except what God whispered to me at that moment.

"Walk with her, and I will be at the entrance."


"Be at peace, Mom. Know that Jesus is waiting for you. We will be OK": her daughter said softly.

I held her hand and waited; she withdrew from life slowly.


The winter came yesterday where we are.

Where she is going, she is under a new spring morning star.


Life takes on a totally different meaning.

With the mercy of God, we will not face death screaming.


It is the end and the beginning at the same time.

Our earthly life is one chapter of many chapters we will bind.


John 18: 36

"Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Popular Posts