Oct 30th, 2022: Time that We Cannot Buy


She waits in line quietly to order her coffee.

It is a busy place for her to be.


She moves slowly to a booth where she can have her own solace.

There is no seat left when I try to find a place.


She tells me that to join her if I like.

I am grateful for that gesture because there is nothing else in sight.


We exchange pleasantries and learn about each other's life stories.

Her children have grown up and moved away with their respective trajectories.


She is now alone in the same house where she raised them.

Her husband passed away a few years back; she has to deal with her emotional bends.


Life is lonely, and she wonders how it will end.

Her eyes wonder with sadness as she tries to contend.


Aging in North America is more inhuman than we are willing to acknowledge.

Isolation can do significant damage.


We might have more money and yet less time for one another.

We use online conversations as an excuse for not being there for each other.


It is time to appreciate the meaning of time.

It is time to understand it is something we cannot buy.


Without time there is no relationship.

There are moments in life we should not skip.


Psalm 71:9

"Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone."

 

Popular Posts