Oct 27th, 2022: A Steadfast Mind

 


Listening to some Vietnamese music during a drive.

There is a lot more happening both in my heart and mind.


Music has its ways of reminding us of our life experiences and memories.

Many thoughts and images bring back memorable stories.


My heart is grateful for what God has done for me.

My mind dwells in the marvelous unfolding of revelations I continue to see.


I have given up on praying for an easy life.

It is impossible because of my choices in being with people while suffering strikes.


I pray that God will help me to be aware of His presence even when I am in doubt.

He helps me understand what grace is all about.


Sometimes I am not sure I am looking for answers.

Maybe I hope that tumultuous time won't linger.


My heart is in great pain in the dark of the night.

I know that God wants me to put up a great fight.


I don't fight because I believe that I am right.

I fight because I know the sun will rise after the night.


I learn how to rest when my soul is weary.

God then sets my mind free from being leery.


Isaiah 26: 3-4 

"Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock."


Deuteronomy 31:8 

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

Popular Posts