Sept 17th, 2022: God in Our Life


Walk alone on the pathway through a park.

Start wondering about life as the years depart.


God gives us life to love; we learn to hate.

God wants our life to reveal his beauty; we want to be great.


God gives us understanding; we enjoy manipulation.

God grants us discernment; we prefer calculation.


God grants us joy; we are after adulation.

God calls us to contemplation; we are after exhilaration.


God shows us visions; we demand ambition.

God leads to the stillness of our hearts; we follow our unsettling direction.


God desires our relationships; we prefer gamesmanship.

God embraces righteousness; we tolerate crooked salesmanship.


The walk will end, but our journey with God won't.

Take a deep breath so I can continue; God will be there regardless of our wants.


Isaiah 45:5-6 - “I am the Lord, and there is no other, apart from me there is no other. I will strengthen you though you have not acknowledged me. So that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting, men may know there is none besides me. I am the Lord and there is no other.”


Philippians 4:13 - “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”

 

Popular Posts