Aug 27th, 2020: Journeying...

 

A young person told me recently that she would love to travel.

However, she is apprehensive as many questions unravel.


Where would I go, and what would I do? She asks.

Getting a plan together seems to be a tremendous task.


Traveling will help us to see the greatness of God in cultural diversity.

We gain a new appreciation for our own identity.


We learn to overcome our biases and fears.

Although we do not understand what is happening around us, God is always near.


Food and languages are what we should discover.

Different landscapes are waiting for us to be their explorers.


Different religions also reveal our needs for God and His power.

We have many questions and search for answers.


"I love to see many parts of the world," she told me many times.

I am still waiting for the day she comes and tells me when she is ready to take a flight.


Our relationship with God is also like a traveling journey.

There will be many destinations He will ask us to come along, and we need to obey.


Fear and apprehension will surface because we need to be in control.

We need to learn to be with Him to get ready to roll.


The journey is challenging because we weigh ourselves with our life burdens.

It is time to let go so we can get excited about embracing life beautiful garden.


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29: 11


" Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalm 23: 4

Popular Posts