Aug 25th, 2022: Destroying God's Gifts

 

A Japanese man asked me once about my feeling about being an Asian in North America. I told him I might be oblivious to that fact because I don't think about it much. I have learned to have confidence in what God has entrusted to me while knowing that not all people would be able to appreciate that. It is part of life and how we are able to acknowledge other people's gifts.


I am not saying that racism is not real problem. I have decided not to be defined by people's lack of self-awareness and absence of appreciation for beauty in diversity. When we allow small-minded people to manipulate us with their self-serving agenda, we are not that much bigger than they are. I would rather use God's gifts to serve people regardless of their skin color, social and economic upbringing, education, sexual orientation, and more. It does not mean I agree with them because agreement and acceptance are not the same in my world.


I took a walk through the plant of one of my clients yesterday with a lead hand. He came to Canada from an African nation. He loves to have his wife with him. She is still waiting for her paperwork. He is not alone. Many people around the world would love to have a chance to settle in Canada. I pray our Canadian government won't screw this nation up so badly. We have been so successful in destroying God's gifts to us by taking him out of the center of our life.


"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Roman 8: 38-39

Popular Posts