Aug 21st, 2022: Dancing with God


I am always fascinated by couples who can perform ballroom pieces flawlessly. I think a Christian life should reflect how we can dance with the Holy Spirit. Life is a ballroom dancing performance. Have you heard of that? I know. It is the first time for me too. I just came up with it.


Passion: passionate dancers make dance so enjoyable to watch. It is like they are telling a story. Our life with God should reflect our passion for Him because we know that he first loves us. Our relationships with Him should become an attraction for others.


Truth: Dancers who know one another will be able to perform with a great confidence. Our confidence in God means our life should reflect our knowledge of His characters and essence. Our life will be a reflection of that truth.


Movements: Dancers will take time to lead each other on the floor. God has granted us the freedom to make our choices in life, and He will dance with us. Sometimes He will let us know clearly where He wants us to go, and we need to dance with Him in the movements of the Holy Spirit.


Therapy: Dancers will say that it is therapeutic for them to dance. It is a time to let go of the worries of life and enjoy the harmony with another dancer. Our life with God should grant us our restoration and be free from our daily life burdens. The therapy we have is the healing presence of the Holy Spirit.


Communication: A beautiful dance can be a series of communicating pieces. It is about waiting and understanding. It is about giving and receiving. It is about leadership and mentoring. It is about having the purpose and working together. It is about being one.


Who have you been dancing with lately?


" I will build you up again, and you, Virgin Israel, will be rebuilt. Again you will take up your timbrels and go out to dance with the joyful." -Jeremiah 31: 4


 "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever." - Psalm 30: 11-12

 

Popular Posts