July 31st, 2022: Lone Star State


BBQ is what we love to have when we spend time in Texas.

It is part of the diet one might need to do, not as an extra.


It is not just food. It is the culture and heritage.

While enjoying the food, we learn more about the people and their pilgrimage.


Texas has many undesirable reputations.

Many Texans might consider themselves Texans before Americans, and it's not just speculation.


It is known for its fierce independence.

Texans have a "can do" attitude; that is their point of reference.


They are proud of being the Lone Star State.

Those who don't accept that will not be their mates.


Some might call them cowboys and rednecks.

They would not care because we don't pay their paychecks.


My family members seem to prosper and thrive there.

Maybe some Vietnamese are more like Texans than they are personally aware.


A young black woman sang hymns when taking care of my hotel breakfast area.

"Thank You," I told her. She replied: "Aha."


Texan Christians are not apologizing when it comes to their faith in Jesus.

They might have a different idea of the Lone Star status.


"So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 10: 32-33

Popular Posts